These Are a Few of My Favourite Things

 


1) Spindrift

The last time I drank a soda was in the Roosevelt Cinemas watching Bros (highly recommended by the way!). I don't say this to virtue signal; if my tastebuds could handle the insane sugar content of coca-cola's cherry coke, I would be drinking it all the time. Spindrift, stylishly straddling the middle road of seltzer and flavoured beverages, feels like a soda manufactured for mature taste buds. As ever, I'm late to the trend, but in 2017 Epicurious agreed with me. And oh my god they have a spiked version!



2) Roy Taxi

Living in a place like Poughkeepsie, you really come to appreciate little things like reliable taxis. The Hudson Valley and Dutchess County is such a car-centric place, and if you're in a place of privilege of a certain socioeconomic bracket, which I am, that's mostly fine. But every once in a while I need to go to the train station and leave my car at home. Take an Uber I hear you say; but what if I told you that the stars align on the times I need to go to the train station sans personal vehicle to make it impossible to book an Uber? It's happened.
This is where Roy Taxi comes in. Reliable, safe, standardized fares, arrives on time (every other "taxi service" in this area code runs on island time); when Roy pops his clogs we're fucked. 


3) Snap Judgement

As previously mentioned in this thread, a good story is my most favourite thing in the world, and one of my major suppliers is the Snap Judgement Podcast. The quality that sets Snap Judgement apart is pairing unique stories and storytellers with music, and both are insanely good. Some stand-out episodes are Finn and the Bell, Return to Kuku Island, The Fall Guy, and Gina Gold's The Lusty Lady which features live music as Gina tells this amazing story about working in a peep show. 

4) Roosevelt Cinemas

5)Adams Salad & Soup Bar

Comments

Popular Posts